20 Aug 2013 12:13
Tags - -5 application error load
Fix Application Load Error 5
The error is known to appear after installing a new program/ game. A program/ game may download and install successfully. But whenever the user tries to load it, it crashes with Application Load Error 5.
· Check the program for Compatibility Issues
· Uninstall and Reinstall the Steam Client
· Update .NET Framework
· Correct Registry Errors
· Disable Your Antivirus
Recommended: Download Repair tool to Fix Error 5
Check the Program for Compatibility Issues
The program you’re trying to open could be incompatible. Every program is designed to run on specific versions of Windows. For example: the newly launched software programs are designed to run on Windows 8/ 7. You could either have older version of Windows or otherwise the program version is too old.
Check-out the issue with the help of ReadMe file which is usually located at the root of installation media. Make sure that the program supports the version of Windows you’re currently using.
If it doesn’t support, you can go through compatibility settings as shown below:
1. Right click the program shortcut on your desktop.
2. Select Properties.
4. In the Shortcut Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.
5. Check-up the box named “Run this program in compatibility mode for”.
6. Select an earlier version of Windows from the dropdown box and then click OK.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Steam Client
Steam is used to load different games. Problem with the Steam Client may lead application load error 5. Uninstall and reinstall it to troubleshoot the issue.
1. Click the Start button, select Control Panel.
2. Click Programs | Uninstall a Program.
3. Select “Steam” from the list of installed programs.
4. Click the Uninstall button.
5. Follow the wizard and restart your machine.
6. Download new Steam Client and install it again.
Update .Net Framework
Do you use latest version of Microsoft .NET framework? It seems that you could have outdated .NET Framework installed. Update the program to the latest version available at Microsoft website.
Correct Registry Errors
Windows Registry is database. It contains game settings and configurations. The Registry needs to be in healthy state in order to run the games smoothly. Problems with the information saved in the registry can cause failure to launch the application.
1. Download RegInOut System Utilities.
2. Under Registry Repair section, click the Start button. After the list of all errors appears, click Fix errors button.
Disable your Antivirus
Sometime it happens that our antivirus program conflicts with the games. It prevents network attempts made to retrieve required information. In such cases, we can temporarily disable real-time protection of the antivirus program.
1. Right-click on your Antivirus Icon in the System Tray area of your Taskbar. (Extreme right side).
2. Select Disable Until Restart option. (Note: different security programs have different ways to disable.)