12 Jul 2013 10:12
Tags - 8 driver issue missing problem update updates windows
Windows 8 driver update problem is so common in the Consumer Preview edition. Majority of users complain audio driver issue. This article would guide you how to update drivers in Windows 8. It contains troubleshooting steps that are helpful for resolving driver update issue.
Below are outlined some important steps through which you can update Windows 8 Drivers without any hassle.
Steps to Update Drivers in Windows 8:
· Update Drivers in Windows 8
· Change Windows 8 Settings
· Modify/ Repair Windows 8 Registry
· Set Audio Service to Automatic
Update Drivers in Windows 8
Many users are complaining they are having problem with their audio driver in Windows 8. So, we shall focus sound driver and rest of the drivers can be updated similarly. If you are experiencing problem with your Sound Driver, you need to follow the procedure given below:
1. First of all check your Sound Card Name and Model Number.
2. Download Windows 8 compatible drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
3. Install latest driver by following the on-screen instructions.
4. Restart Windows 8.
Change Windows 8 Settings
If you are still encountering sound problem after updating your sound driver, change Windows 8 settings given below. Here are simple steps through which you can change Windows 8 Settings:
1. Close all open programs. Click Settings in the metro interface.
2. Select Show Administrative Tools. Look for your Sound Card Name.
3. Click on icon for Configuration.
4. Click on Speaker. Click on Turn OFF 7.1 Settings.
5. Restart Windows 8.
Modify/ Repair Windows 8 Registry
If you are still having issues with your sound in Windows 8, the best thing to do is changing Registry settings. Follow the steps written below:
1. Close all active programs.
2. Open Command Prompt in Windows 8 and input “REGEDIT” without quotes.
3. In the Registry Editor search for AUDIOSRV (you can do that by pressing CTRL + F).
4. Now edit “requiredprivileges”.
5. Delete data from REQUIREDPRIVILEGES.
6. Close Registry Editor. Sound should work fine.
Note: Registry is a key component of Windows operating system. It needs maintenance on a regular basis. Hence it is recommended to use Windows 8 Registry Cleaner to fix the problem.
Set Audio Service to Automatic
It could be a reason that the most important audio service is stopped. Re-start it in order to fix Windows 8 Driver Updates error.
1. In Windows 8, open Settings through Metro Interface.
2. In Settings, type “Services” (without quotes). Now right-click on Windows 8 Audio service and select Properties.
3. Set Startup Type=> Automatic.
4. Click the Start button to immediately start the service.
5. Restart Windows 8.