09 Jul 2013 11:53
Tags chrome enhance improve increase privacy secure security
Google Chrome is a stable web browser. It uses SSL settings for secure data encryption. SSL is known as Secure Sockets Layer which is used while different fields are being filled with information. The browser contains many security features such as Trusted SSL Certificates, Computer-Wide SSL and adjusts web content in a mixed content website. By default Google Chrome security settings are set to middle. It offers SSL and many other security features.
Set Trusted SSL Certificates
Set Trusted SSL Certificates in order to improve Chrome security. Here are the steps to do so:
1. Click on the Wrench icon.
2. Select Options from the menu.
3. Click Under the Hood tab | Security | Manage Certificates.
4. Here you can import, export and renew the SSL Certificates.
Select Computer-Wide SSL Settings
1. The first option is “Use SSL 2.0”. It is an earlier version of SSL protocol. It is also less secure.
2. The second option is “Check for Server Certification Revocation” which enables us to track real-time verification. This type of check provides an extra layer of security.
Control Display of Mixed Content on Secure Web Pages
SSL-secured websites starting with HTTP can load content from insecure resources. This is because of the mixed content showing ability. Hackers modify the insecure resources to change the behaviour of web pages. An alert appears whenever you try to open such web pages.
Google Chrome provides three levels to deal with security problems. First one is to block all insecure content, second one is to allow insecure images and third one is to allow all insecure content.
If you select “Block all insecure content”, it will not load insecure images and show a broken image icon instead. Red boxes are shown against Frames and iFrames. You can apply this setting for particular page through the “Show all content link” on the top of the webpage.
Through Insecure images you can see the images which are separately marked for their identification.
“Allow all content to load” option enables you to load anything without security restrictions.
Additional Tip: Download Internet Optimizer/Privacy Scanner for Chrome Security